Tuesday 31 March 2009

Not Metal enough?

So, I went back to the Doctor’s for a check up (this was the first time he’d seen me since I went into hospital) and he wanted to check my blood (as he suspected I might be low in iron), so he sent me off for blood tests. Turns out that I’m not as metal as I thought I was, because I am indeed deficient in iron, so I'm still on iton tablets and will be for the next 3 months. Maybe I should drink more Guinness!!!

Anyway, despite not being metal enough, I still made the Metallica gig at the SECC. The set list for the ‘Tallica and Machine Head are below, but should point out that this gig was the second time *ever* that “My Apocalypse” was played and the first time “Turn The Page” and “Die, Die My Darling” have been played in Glasgow. The cherry on the cake was “Trapped Under Ice” which has been played live, literally, 5 or 6 times since it was written in 1982 – cue many younger fans: “Oooooh – it’s a new song!”!!!

Metallica: That Was Just Your Life, The End Of The Line, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Of Wolf And Man, One, Broken, Beat And Scarred, My Apocalypse, Sad But True, Turn The Page, All Nightmare Long, The Day That Never Comes, Master Of Puppets, Fight Fire With Fire, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman, Die, Die My Darling, Trapped Under Ice, Seek And Destroy

Machine Head: Clenching the Fists of Dissent, Imperium, Halo, Beautiful Mourning, Descend the Shades of Night, Davidian

No comments: