Friday 6 March 2009

Friday Again!

Well, that’s another week gone and what a week it’s been. With the excitement of Metallica earlier in the week, who would’ve thought my week could get any better. Arrived home after work to find my new Doctor Who DVDs, (“The Rescue” and “The Romans” starring William Hartnell) waiting for me, and an envelope from BBC Wales. I had previously found out that the BBC produce promotional postcards for Doctor Who (like they did in the 1980s), so I thought I’d write to them to find out if they have any for the new series. They do indeed, and inside the envelope was a selection of postcards – including one personally signed by David Tennant. What an unexpected surprise!

Just getting ready to purchase the birthday cards for March people. That’ll be Simon Maxwell (37), Katie (38) and, of course, Father Petrus is 70 in a couple of weeks.

Status Quo have announced their Winter Tour. Glasgow’s scheduled for 13th December while they arrive in Newcastle on the 16th December. They’re playing the City Hall in Newcastle which I saw on Kevin Whatley’s episode of “Who Do You Think You Are?” amd it does look very grand – can’t imagine a rock n’ roll band playing there although several have. Might give it a wee go this year.

Right, off for my lunch – Happy Weekend, everybody!

No comments: