Tuesday 17 March 2009

St Patrick’s Day?

It is, of course, St Patrick’s Day today – and you’d have to be hiding in a hole not to notice! Radio 1 DJ Chris Moyles wouldn’t shut up about all things Irish this morning, Metal bands like Slayer and Metallica are offering special "St Patrick's Day" branded merchandise just for the day, a lot of the music channels on TV are showing special countdown shows of the Best 100 Irish this and that and, of course, all the Irish theme pubs all over the UK are making the most of the day! It’s strange cos I don’t remember any of this fuss on 17 April 2008 (St George’s Day), 1st March 2009 (St David’s Day) or 30th November last year to celebrate St Andrew’s Day. Why do the Irish seem to make more of a fuss!

Didn’t feel well on Sunday afternoon, and struggled into work yesterday but only lasted until 3:00pm. Straight home and straight to bed. Feel a bit better this morning, but still not feeling 100%. If I had £5 for every time someone mentioned I was maybe having a relapse – I’d have £35! I don’t think I am, but if I continue to feel rotten I’ll make a Doctors appointment.

Happy Tuesday!

No comments: