Thursday 5 March 2009

Newcastle - Done and Dusted.

Well, that’s me back to work after a hectic couple of days – the most exciting thing was going down to Newcastle to see our heroes. It’s been some 13 years since I last saw the band indoors (the Glasgow Barrowlands in 1996) and two years since I last went to a Metalli-gig (Wembley Stadium, where Machine Head also supported).

I’ve seen quite a few pictures from the current tour, so I suspected that it would be a really good night, which it was. Spectacular laser show to open the performance followed by explosions, real fire and more metal than the Forth Road Bridge! Highlights included “Harvester”, “Blackened” and “Killing Time” (by Sweet Savage who will currently be touring with Saxon), although I couldn’t really complain about anything on the night. Machine Head were pretty good, and The Sword sounded good although I didn’t see them as I was in the bar!

Newcastle:

Metallica: That Was Just Your Life, The End Of The Line, Harvester Of Sorrow, No Remorse, One, Broken, Beat And Scarred, Cyanide, Sad But True, No Leaf Clover, The Judas Kiss, The Day That Never Comes, Master Of Puppets, Blackened, Nothing Else Matters, Enter Sandman, Killing Time, Whiplash, Seek and Destroy

Machine Head: Clenching the Fists of Dissent, Imperium, Halo, Beautiful Mourning, Descend the Shades of Night, Davidian

I also managed to catch and take home one of the Metallica Beach Balls that falls down from the ceiling during "Seek and Destroy" - it's currently deflated, but will try and re-inflate it. It is quite big, so it'll take a fair bit of human puff to get it fully inflated!

Looking forward to the next installment in Glasgow on the 26th March!

No comments: