Monday 6 April 2009

Malaysian Grand Prix/Status Quo.

Yesterday was, of course, the Malaysian Grand Prix. I was planning to go on and on about how great Ferrari are doing this early in the season, but with two races gone and not a single point scored by the team – I don’t think I will say anymore about them. What I will say, though, is that it’s good to see Jenson Button and the Brawn GP Team doing so well. All those years at Ferrari have taught Ross Brawn to master the art of strategy within a Grand Prix, and this is paying dividends. The less said about Liar Hamilton – the better!

So, today is the 6th April, and I realised over the weekend that today ten years ago, I was all excited after meeting Status Quo (the whole band) for the first time and was waiting to see them play live in The Solid as part of their “Under The Influence” Pub Tour to promote the album “Under The Influence” (pub – “Under The Influence” – geddit?). I do remember the day very well. I became an honorary member of The Solid’s bar staff that day and was even allowed to stay in the pub after the band asked for it to be closed so they could eat their lunch and do a sound-check in privacy. To commemorate this occasion, I’m wearing the t-shirt I bought that day. Yes, I know its ten years old, but I’ve only worn it once and it looks brand new! Maybe I should go down to the pub after work for a beer?

No comments: