Tuesday 21 April 2009

The Answer/Books.

I was suppost to be going to see The Answer (the self proclaimed best rock n’ roll band from Northern Ireland) on Saturday night but unfortunately, the band has had to reschedule the gig as the drummer has broken his hand. Shame really as I wanted to see them before I saw them supporting AC/DC (probably the best rock n’ roll band from Scotland) at Hampden Park in June. Never mind, at least I’ve got Saxon to look forward to next Tuesday.

On the subject Irish things, I was in Tesco’s at the weekend when I noticed that Eddie Jordan has a book out that I didn’t know about. Eddie was, if you didn’t know, the Team principal for the Jordan F1 Team for a number of years before selling the team (which currently races as the Force India Team). It’s his autobiography and was published last year so I thought I’d give it a go – looking forward to an interesting read. Of course, if I bought that, then I’d have to buy Jackie Stewart’s autobiography (he was plugging the paperback version on the BBC’s One Show) earlier in the week. Two more lovely books to add to my collection. By the way, I’m still reading Tony Hancock’s biography and am now up to 1967. It’s a good read - albeit a bit sad at times and not looking forward to reading about his final months as I think it’ll be quite harrowing.

No comments: