Monday 25 August 2008

Missed Opportunity.

At Glasgow over the weekend was Collectormania where you pay £5 entry fee to meet "famous" stars of sci-fi and then pay an extra £15 per autograph. Amongst those attending were Peter Davison, Louise Jameson, Garteh Thomas, Marina Sirtis (Star Trek) and Dave Prowse (Star Wars).

I didn't actually go to that as I thought it was too expensive (compared to the excellent Doctor Who events in Glasgow that I go to), but anyway, I was at The Hilton this morning for an SLC Meeting (presented by Miss Mairead McKenzie) where I joked, to my Information Office compariate Alan Dickie, that maybe Peter Davison was staying there over the weekend. He is my favourite Doctor after all, and I've never met him.

Fast forward to the break where I nipped out for an oily rag - and who should walk out of the Hotel and into a Taxi but none other than Gareth Thomas (who played Blake in Blake's 7)! Where was my bit of paper and a pen? That's right - not on me! D'Oh!! :(

Not been a good weekend overall for me - felt rotten on Saturday so didn't bother going out and spent Sunday watching another Ferrari engine blow up in the Grand Prix. Anymore of that and we won't be winning anything this year.

Did watch the Olympics closing ceremony *just* to see Jimmy Page playing "Whole Lotta Love" on geetar with some wifie singing (badly!) and then watched the mighty Metallica live at the Reading Festival. Very good they were to, and am looking forward to them playing in Glasgow (and Newcastle) next March! You heard it here first - right? Rockkkk On! :)

No comments: