Friday 29 August 2008

Friday Update.

With everybody’s favourite San Fransisco metal band, Metallica, about to release their new album “Death Magnetic”, the band played Reading last Saturday and the BBC are showing 5 tracks today only via the digital interactive platform. Great versions of “For Whom The Bell Tolls” and “Ride The Lightning” are available by “pressing the red button” on your digi-box, but you still have to trawl through the boredom of “Enter Sandman” – yawn!! The good news is that they’re touring the UK in February/March next year with both Newcastle and Glasgow on the list – Rockk On! They play Oakland on December 20th if Mr Simon wants another look at them!

With my case all packed, then unpacked, checked and repacked, it’s not long till I head over to Northern Ireland. The flight leaves at 8:00pm tonight so I should be at Belfast’s George Best City Airport by 8:50pm – providing everything’s running to time. Come back on the 6th September and should be back home by about 8:00pm. Hopefully everything will go okay – no jokes about passports at this point please! A few things are planned when I get over there so let’s hope the weather’s good. I’ll not be checking my e-mails bit I will have my mobie in case you need to get in touch with me.

Happy Friday and I’ll speak to yous all in a week or so!

No comments: