Thursday 16 October 2008

Congratulations (x 3)

Congratulation by 3 indeed? Of Course!

First up, are Katharine and Simon Eves who celebrate 9 years of marriage today. Hopefully the sun is shining in San Fransisco, and they are having a night out (or a night in) with a wee glass of wine thinking about how much they have gone through as a couple and what’s still to come. Well done to you both and have a wee drinkie on me (if you’re doing something special tonight).

Second up is Mr Swan (aka El Gordo, The Big Chap and Swangor) in the office who is an amazing 39 years old today! I did mention to him this morning that it’s only another 365 days till he hits 40 and as life begins at 40 (apparently), he’d better start thinking about what he’s gonnae do as he’s done nothing much in the last 39 years! Congratulations Mr Swan – a bottle of finest Brown Ale is on it’s way to you!.

Then, of course, it’s congratulations to me! Yes, I’m so self centered that I’m congratulating myself on winning the tickets to the AC/DC album playback in the Hard Rock CafĂ© in Edinburgh tonight. My rockkin’ buddy for the evening is Mr Garry (although I appear to have annoyed several other folk by not choosing them!). Not sure what to expect tonight except a few beers, a listen to the new album “Black Ice” (available from all good record stores on Monday – order you’re copy now, right!) and an AC/DC goody bag which contains….. well, I don’t know yet! Looking forward to a good night so I’ll no doubt update you on what happens!

Happy Thursday! :)

No comments: