Thursday 14 May 2009

Wednesday Night Out.

It was such a nice day yesterday that I decided to go out for a few beers after work. Ended up in the Solid's sister pub Rufus T Firefly on their new roof garden – which I didn’t even know existed until I got there. It’s a small decked area on the roof with gas powered heaters and wee speakers nailed to the walls – not to mention the retractable roof in case it rains!

Generally a good night was had, with me ending up in the famous Lauders Bar. For those who don’t know, Lauders is across the road from where the old Apollo concert venue was (now a multi-screen cinema) and was the pub of choice for the discerning rocker in the 1980s before nipping across the road to see a band on the Apollo stage . Strangely, this was my first time in the pub and I happened to know some of the bar staff. Looks like Lauders in firmly on my list of pubs to drink in from now on! Last train home was pretty quiet and then the next thing you know it's time to get up. Quiet night planned for tonight.

No comments: