Wednesday 24 September 2008

Solid Rock's Birthday Bash Looms.

So, with Thursday 25th September looming - I have two choices of whom I have my tea with. One the one hand, Karen Campbell arrives from Northern Ireland just in time for tea or I could spend the time in a restuarant with (the former) Sixth Doctor Who Colin Baker?

Of course, I'll be eating with Mrs Karen - first time she's been in Scotland since we met - but it does brighten up your day when you get a text inviting you to dine with a cast member from Doctor Who. How does this happen you may ask - well, I have friends in low places! :)

This weekend is noteable for two things - first Miss Mairead MacKenzie celebrates her 37th Birthday whilst the Solid Rock turns a commendable 21 Years Old. Quite a feat these days for a pub to still be open after 20 years, and what a jolly fine pub it is too!

Mrs Karen and I are taking Mrs Mairead out on Friday night for food (and no doubt Cocktails!) at TGI Friday's followed by light refreshments in the Solid - however, there will be no champagne being drunk in front of me - I don't care whose birthday it is!

Thursday night is the big night in the pub when the prices are rolled back to 1987 prices - that means a mere £1 will buy you a draught pint or a Jack Daniels (& Coke) amongst a multitude of other spirits. £1.50 will get you a large glass of wine (only £1.20 for a small one!) whilst the whole bottle is a mere £4.00! Bargains (and no doubt) hangovers galore!

Happy Weekend when it comes! :)

No comments: