Tuesday 17 June 2008

Rock On A Tuesday?

Okay so here we are with my first blog! I have thought about doing this for a while, but didn’t have the inclination (or the time, to be honest) but here we are at Blog Number 1. I can’t say I’ll put an entry in everyday, or that it’ll be the most exciting blog ever, but we’ll see where it goes!

So – Tuesday 17th June, eh? I’ve been waiting with anticipation for today since 31st January when I booked the tickets for the Def Leppard/Whitesnake SECC gig on their joint headliner tour.

Went to see Queensryche on Friday where they played both “Operation: Mindcrime” albums in their entirety. Can’t believe it’s been 13 years since I last saw them, and they are still a great band. I was actually only going to see the first part of the show which was everything I thought it would be but the second half did drag on a bit! Maybe they should have just stuck with the first “Mindcrime” album, and then a greatest hits set as the second half of the show. Sadly, “Silent Lucidity” wasn’t played at all – maybe I’ll hear that in another 13 years time!

So what’s the plan, then? Well, it’ll be a few drinks at the pub across the road from work at 4:00pm, down to the Solid for a few then a wee jaunt over to the SECC. Once at the SECC, it looks like Black Stone Cherry (the opening act) will be missed, Whitesnake will play 4 songs off their new album and Coverdale will swear a lot, before the Lepps close the show with a whole bunch of classic tunes plus 2 songs from the new “Sparkle Lounge” album. Will this actually happen I’m not sure but it will be a great night!!

Rockk On! J

1 comment:

Katharine Eves said...

welcome to the world of the blog